This video gives you an overview of how your content is protected by copyright law and where to put your copyright notices.
For more information about copyright (as well as trademarks and trade secrets), you can check out this free download - Download Here.
Any a reminder that this content is protected by copyright law :)
(c) Legal Essentials Inc. 2020. All Rights Reserved
In this video, I talk about the three main types of business contracts to have in your business:
1. Client Contracts
2. Hiring Contracts
3. Rental Contracts
If you have any questions about this topic, you can reach me at [email protected]
If you incorporate your business in Canada, you have a choice between incorporating federally or provincially.
Below is a listing of each of the corporate laws across Canada, along with a link to the government agency who administers the corporate law in that jurisdiction.
- Federal - Canada Business Corporations Act (Canada) - Corporations Canada
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Corporations Act (NL) - Service NL
- Nova Scotia - Companies Act (NS) - Registry of Joint Stock Companies
- Prince Edward Island - Business Corporations Act (PEI) - Corporate and Business Names Registry
- New Brunswick - Business Corporations Act (NB) - Service NB
- Quebec - Business Corporations Act (Quebec) - Quebec Registry
- Ontario - Business Corporations Act (ON) - Service Ontario
- Manitoba - The Corporations Act (MB) - Companies Office Manitoba
- Saskatchewan - The Business Corporations Act (SK) - Corporate Registry
- Alberta - Business Corporations Act (Alberta) - Corporate Registry
This week’s video blog is on the topic of copyright and how to protect your business creations.
Click on the video link here to view.
You can find the website for the federal agency CIPO (Canadian Intellectual Property Office) referred to in the blog can be found here.
Happy New Year to each of you! Thank you for signing up, reading, watching and commenting in 2017.
As we tend to do, I have made some personal and business resolutions for 2018. My personal resolutions include eating less chips and swimming more.
For the first blog of January, I have picked the theme of Legal Resolutions for 2018. Have you thought about making resolutions for your business relating to legal issues?
You can watch my Legal Lunch video on this topic here –
The above video has 8 topics for your consideration in making your legal resolutions for 2018:
One of my most popular blog posts of 2017 was the one on “Do I Need A Will”.
If you have made a will and other estate planning documents (such as financial power of attorney, personal directives, guardianship appointments), CONGRATULATIONS! You get a gold star! Most people in Canada do not have an up to date will.
Since many of us will be spending time with our families over the holidays, it can be a good time to pass along some information to them about EITHER what you have put in place OR what you have planned.
Check out this recent vlog on why you need a social media policy in your business: